If we reject the Lord of life we will reap a culture of death. Education in the knowledge of God and submission to His law-order is the basis for freedom, blessing, and a long life.
Scripture: Proverbs 3:1-12
- The original sin was a political rebellion, a kingdom that opposed God’s kingdom.
- The modern humanist state is another religious rebellion against God.
- Education is an aspect of the broader mission of God: the knowledge of the Lord and the fear of His Name is central to true freedom in God’s world (Proverbs 3).
- By making the state the highest authority, man is creating a god on earth, the deified human collective.
- When the state claims to be the source of law and the highest authority that exists, then it is claiming to be god.
- If the state is to achieve absolute freedom to order the lives of its citizens, then all things must be under its absolute control.
- When we reject the Lord of life, we reap a culture of death.
- Culture is a reflection of our internal faith.
- People drop out of reality using drugs because their faith in the state’s promised utopia has been shattered.
- It is in the act of moral rebellion itself, that secular man asserts his utopian god.
- In defense of their god secularists strongly oppose Christianity and the Christian family.
- Under the utopian state we see growth of taxation and tyranny. Meanwhile God’s law offers freedom.
- God created man and woman to multiply fruitfully and to work to bring order to the creation (Genesis 1:26-28).
- By faith in the work of Christ on the cross, the dominion reign of Christ extends over all the earth (Matthew 28:18-20).
- Education in the Lord is the basis for blessing and a long life (Ephesians 6:1-4).
- Education is where we learn what to believe about God and how to act toward God and toward man.
- This learning is the foundation of building culture (Romans 12:1-2).
- The counterfeit god of the state promises life after death, but cannot deliver (Proverbs 3).
- Civilization is cultivated by God’s law applied to every aspect of our lives.
- Life will be better and longer under the blessing of honouring God’s order and obeying God’s commands.
- God predestines human history, and upholds every aspect of the universe.
- The Christian vision of education is to produce civilization that enjoys the blessings of living according to God’s word.
- How is the original sin similar to man’s rebellion manifest in the modern humanist state?
- What is the basis of freedom in God’s world?
- What do each of the following passages say about the purpose and essence of education? Proverbs 3:1-12; Genesis 1:26-28; Deuteronomy 6:1-9; Matthew 28:18-20; Ephesians 6:1-4
- Why is the Christian faith so strongly opposed by the secular humanist state?
- Discuss practical ways we can work to advance God’s mission.