Moral madness leads to self-deception, observed in the inability to recognize one's own rebellion against God's moral order. We either intellectually deny God's existence, or we deny God practically by the way we live.
Scripture: Proverbs 17:12, Ecclesiastes 9:3, Psalm 14
- Moral madness leads to self-deception, observed in the inability to recognize one's own rebellion against God's moral order.
- We either intellectually deny God's existence, or we deny God practically by the way we live.
- Apart from the work of God in our lives, moral insanity is universal.
- A denial of God's relevance by the fool endangers the life and security of society.
- We are made to reflect God and to know Him. There is no other good that can make us happy in life.
- We are made to worship and enjoy God forever.
- Happiness is a bi-product of a life of holiness and a life turned toward God.
- Only through the Lord Jesus can we be reconciled to God, to enjoy this fellowship with God.
- Our moral madness is to seek to act against our own best interests (Ecclesiastes 9:3).
- All the folly in the riots and economic instability are the fruit of seeking peace and happiness contrary to God's moral order.
- People's sinful appetites carry their wills into acts of self destruction.
- The non-believer may be very intelligent; However, he denies his moral obligation to God and others, acting and speaking as if insane.
- Insanity is to treat the reality of God as if it were make-believe.
- We spend our time insanely, given the relative importance of time versus eternity.
- Similarly we pay close attention to the health of our bodies, and yet we ignore the condition our eternal souls.
- We've got the treasures of the kingdom of God in reach, and yet we make every effort to destroy our best interest.
- Abandoning biblical morality thus progressively destroys civilization.
- Paranoia is to believe that the people closest to you are against you. Though God has showed the greatest mercy to mankind, yet people act as though He is opposed to them.
- The essence of the problem is sin; man rejects the law of God and the gospel of pardon in Christ.
- What we're seeing in our financial markets and our culture is the fruit of rebellion against God.
- Christ alone is the answer to these problems of humanity.
- The humanistic delusion is collapsing all around us.
- A popular deception is that true Christians are either mad or deluded, and yet we are the sane ones.
- Conversion involves turning from sin and madness, and returning to Christ in repentance to our right minds.
- We need to be praying, doing, preaching, acting sanely. We need to pray that God would revive and restore our nation.
- Without Christ we can stand only on the moral low ground.
- Don't destroy your life; turn to Christ, and receive the spirit of love, power and a sound mind.
- In Christ receive joy and hope that cannot be measured.
- What defines the fool in Psalm 14? In Proverbs 17:12?
- If true human fulfillment is found only in knowing and serving God, why do so many rebel and reap destruction?
- Why do the social elite make excuses for the criminal behaviour of rioters?
- What are the biblical solutions to the moral madness and social chaos that modern humanism has fostered?
- What is our obligation as the people of God in the face of society's moral madness?
- What is the relative importance of physical health versus spiritual health in my liife?
- Do my life priorities and use of time display moral insanity?